Monday 2 August 2010

Grand Touring, One year old

From Le mans classic 2010

I was a little surprised when I realised that it has been a year since I started this blog. I never really intended to start my own blog but I enjoyed writing a few blogs for the now defunct Drivers Republic website on the Daytona and Ferraris in general and wanted to find a new home for them.

Since then the basic blog page has been joined by the Facebook page and recently I've added the Tweetboard to finally have a to link my Twitter account in a way that. I'm happy with.

What hasn't changed is that I treat the site as an extension of my passion and enthusiasm for grand touring and sporting cars. I've only ever written about the cars that love and the motoring events I want to write about and that will remain the ethos of this blog.

As is usual  with birthday celebrations a big thank you to everyone who has read and commented on the 122 posts that I have written.  Special mention  should go to Michael Olsson for contributing his extensive photo library to the Facebook page, Jamie Wolfcale of www.Drivecult.com, Martin Spain, Chris Ratcliff, Jack K Wood, Chris Harris and Dickie Meaden.

Coming up in the near future I have a trip to California lined up next week and for part of that I will be at the Monterey Historic Reunion from Laguna Seca, so I will be blogging on how the American's do historic car racing compared to the Europeans. Obviously I will also be continuing to blog about the (mainly) ups and downs of life with the Daytona.

No comments:

Post a Comment