Sunday 10 October 2010

New Favourite Ferrari Daytona Competizione photograph





A random troll through the internet turned up this wonderful shot of a Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona Competizione getting rather sideways at Spa.


The photograph was taken by Dirk De Jager who having contacted through the wonders of Facebook has kindly allowed me to post it here.


Dirk describes the photo, "it's the previous style busstop chicane at Spa, that's when they had already ruined it a bit but it was still fun this must be from inbetween 2004-2006 or so."


I'm not sure who the driver is but as I have read (notably by Journalist and racing driver Mark Hales) that a Daytona is only good for about 5% slip angle before the weight of the rear transaxle gearbox is likely to snap the car into a spin, this must have taken some doing.


I've only ever had the back end of my Daytona step out on me once, coming out of a damp hairpin bend in France when I was slightly too keen with the throttle. The slip angle wasn't that great but judging from the expletives from my passenger and I, it's not something I want to repeat in a hurry.


My thank's to Dirk for letting me post the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment